Saturday, March 1, 2014

JUST ANOTHER BALMY DAY AT MARTIN'S COVE!

Many of you have been experiencing Spring-like weather lately, 
so I thought I would show you 
Spring in Wyoming.

Here is what our little weather station showed us at about 6:30 this morning:


I headed out to the Barn for my morning walk, and the snow from last night had drifted so high that I couldn't get into the Barn through the front door.  The snow was about 2' deep there, so I just went around to the back where there was no snow at all.  
Go figure!

When I got inside I was astonished to see that it had snowed inside the Barn as well as outside!
How can that be??
Thanks to a night of stiff winds, the snow had drifted through every little nook and cranny in the barn.
The snowdrift inside the door was about 14" tall!
Look how the snow piled up on the light switch and then through a tiny crack along the floor.

Inside the barn it snowed on both sides of the tables stacked against the walls . . .

 . . . and it snowed inside the large garage door.


As I was walking I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye - a mouse!
I chased him along the wall and you can see his tracks in the snow.


On the way home  I had to put something away at the Chapel,
and I could barely get the door open to get inside.
Note that it snowed both inside and outside the door!

How does it DO that??

This huge drift is right outside our apartment door.

Like I said, it's just another balmy day in Wyoming!


No comments:

Post a Comment